Belgian National Day is a chance for us Belgians to celebrate our national identity - with a day off work, street festivals, fireworks and of course, a few beers. If you ever get the chance to spend some time here on the 21st of July, you should take it.
But we know that’s possible for all, so we’re taking a small taste of our Belgian National Day celebrations elsewhere - offering a perfectly poured pint of Heverlee to anyone who can order it like a real Belgian.
What do we mean by this? It’s no secret that Belgium is a world beer capital, but less famous is the savvy gesture used to order a beer in a noisy pub - with a simple raise of the pinkie finger to let the bar tender know you’d like a ‘pinte’.
Now, in celebration of our national day, anyone who goes into one of the following Scottish bars between Thursday 21 July and Sunday 24 July and orders by holding up their hand with their pinkie finger raised will get a pint of our authentic Belgian lager on us:
Glasgow - The Hope, The Beer Cafe, Munro's
Edinburgh - Sygn, Safari Lounge
Aberdeen - Bridge Street Social Club
Dundee - Papa Jacques
Inverness - Johnny Foxes
That’s not all. We hear some of those who successfully order like a Belgian and tweet a picture of it will be in with the chance of winning a side order of Belgian goodness - with frites (complete with traditional toppings), chocolates, Belgian picnic hampers and meals for two all on the menu.
Can’t quite get the hang of it? See our Facebook or Twitter accounts (@HeverleeBeer) for some ‘handy’ tips…
Our Order Like A Belgian offer is available in select bars across Scotland and Ireland from Thursday 21 July - Sunday 24 July. T&Cs apply, see below.
- This promotion is open to entrants aged 18+ in Scotland, except employees and their immediate families of Tennent Caledonian Breweries or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- To take part, entrants must ‘order like a Belgian’ at the bar - by raising their hand at a participating bar with pinkie finger raise - and accept the T&Cs.
- Only one pint per person.
- Pints are only available while stocks last in each bar, with one keg of Heverlee per bar dedicated to this offer.
- This offer ends at 11.59PM (GMT) on 24.7.16.
- Flash prizes will be awarded at random, on the spot, to those who tweet a picture of their pint to @HeverleeBeer using #BelgianNationalDay. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No other entry method will be accepted. No multiple competition entries will be accepted. This competition ends at 11.59PM (GMT) on 24.7.16.
- No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to provide alternative similar prizes of equal or greater value.
- Participants/winners may be required to participate in related publicity and it is a condition of entry that entrants agree to their names and social media profiles being made public if they win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or temporarily suspend the promotion in its absolute discretion, provided that it shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
- The Promoter and their agents accept for responsibility for difficulties experienced in participating in this competition.
- The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance of the prize.
- The competition and these terms are governed by Scottish Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- The Promoter is Tennent Caledonian Breweries UK Limited, registered in Scotland under registered number SC362352 with its registered office at Wellpark Brewery, 161 Duke Street, Glasgow G31 1JD.
Posted by HEVERLEE